[Nottingham] Buying a Laptop

Cam camilo at mesias.co.uk
Wed Oct 12 00:09:12 BST 2005

Peter

Here are a selection of smaller machines. There's not much going for
less than £1000 though.

http://www.geekstuff4u.com/index.php?cPath=22_51

One thing I really value in a laptop is a high res screen, unfortunately
there are few bargains with screens other than XGA. To do useful work I
really struggle with an XGA machine. Then again I know that a large part
of the market wants to watch DVDs on an efficient (relatively low res)
wide screen.

I wish laptop vendors would let you filter out machines by screen
size... the only one that springs to mind is Dell where you can order a
pricey machine with screen size of your choice.

-Cam

--

                                                                      <--
camilo at mesias.co.uk