[Nottingham] Buying a Laptop

Edam edam at waxworlds.org
Wed Oct 12 11:58:49 BST 2005

On 11.10.2005 4:51 pm, Edgar wrote:
> I looking to buy a laptop. Looking at spending 600 to 900 pounds. Does anyone

We just got a laptop of eBay for £250 (including postage). I can't really
comment on linux compatability issues, but in terms of price, I recon
eBay's worth a look for laptops.

Ours is an older Asus laptop:
	PentiumIII 1GHz
	CD-RW/DVD-ROM drive
	192MB RAM
	80GB HDD
	802.11g wireless PCMCIA card
	TV-out
so it's not top-spec but it's easily powerful enough for our music and film
needs (even running on Windows!). And I recon if I'd had the time to hunt
around on eBay for a couple of weeks I could have probably got a 1.5GHz
chip for the same money.

Oh, they have better laptops on there too...  :o)

--
  Edam (Wax Worlds)  -  www.waxworlds.org/edam