[Nottingham] REading filesystem into MySQL query

Moses O'Hara Moses.O'hara at nottingham.ac.uk
Thu Oct 13 09:45:16 BST 2005

Hi all,

long time no spot.

I' ve got a filesystem and simply want to recursively read the file names, sizes and locations within that hierarchy and store each result into a MySQL database for poking at later.

I had spoken to someone earlier this year about it and he spoke about using stored procedures by which time no amount of GPS wizardry was going to help me work out where the hell I was.

This is probably really simple but my SQL knowledge ends at SELECT.

Any help appreciated.