[Nottingham] x-mame and gxmame.

Michael Erskine msemtd at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Oct 17 09:01:01 BST 2005

On Sunday 16 October 2005 20:12, Simon wrote:
> On 10/16/05, Paul Mellors <paul at paulmellors.net> wrote:
> > I've just install xmame and the gxmame front end, any one know [this is
> > really directed at you michael :)] how i can stop games, especially mr
> > Do! from running at 61fps.  Is there a slow down option?
>
> I haven't noticed any problem with speed like that, but you might have
> accidently enabled the framskip. Press F10 or F11, one of those two
> toggles the frameskip options.

I too haven't had to adjust frameskip - it could be some "feature" of your
front end. Try plain xmame and see what happens. Check your cfg files: the
front end may have nadged them -- try the "-nolcf" to avoid loading said
config.

> Are you running the latest GXMame 0.35b? I'm using that with Xmame
> 0.100-1 which I had to search hard for :(
>
> Mame in Ubuntu is badly out of date.

I'm using the badly out of date Ubuntu version with no issues: -

    xmame (x11) version 0.86 (Oct  7 2004)

...works fine for me and mine :)

Regards,
Michael Erskine.

--
The reward for working hard is more hard work.