[Nottingham] x-mame and gxmame.

Simon flibble at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 19:48:57 BST 2005

On 10/17/05, Michael <perl at tecspy.com> wrote:
> Simon wrote:
> > xmame (sdl) version 0.100 (Sep 24 2005)
> > GXmame 0.35beta2
>
> Hmm, I'd like to upgrade if it means more ROMs are supported. However,
> most of the ROMs I have are from way back and only a few work with the
> more recent releases of MAME. I'd be interested to see the results of
> everyone's `xmame -V` and `xmame -vr | grep " correct"`. My own set
> summarises thusly...
>
> % xmame -V
> xmame (x11) version 0.86 (Oct  7 2004)
> % xmame -vr | tail -3
> Total Supported: 5088
> Found: 253, of which 100 correct and 153 incorrect
> Not found: 4835

Ok, here is mine:

% xmame -V
xmame (x11) version 0.100 (Sep 24 2005)

% xmame -vr | tail -3
Total Supported: 5778
Found: 1655, of which 1098 correct and 557 incorrect
Not found: 4122

I tried doing the "correct" thing but it produced way too many things
to cut and paste. Is there an easy way to divert output to a text file
or something?

Simon