[Nottingham] Surreal 'discussion' #2

Rob Andrews rob at impure.org.uk
Thu Oct 20 12:34:36 BST 2005

On 20-Oct-2005 11:55.27 (BST), Martin wrote:
 > But more seriously, is the mail traffic on this list really so high as
 > to be a nuisance? Or the SNR so poor?

It's not particularly high, and the S:N isn't annoyingly unbalanced.

Web forums are incredibly unpopular with me, partly because I don't want
to have to go to a 20 or 30 different forums just to read my digest of
"what's going on", partly because few have a "read new posts" mechanism.
I think the number of subscribers would drop if there was a move to one,
unless it had a mailing list/NNTP gateway.

Of course, that's my opinion...