[Nottingham] forums.planetnottslug.org

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Wed Oct 26 12:10:04 BST 2005

paul at paulmellors.net wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I'm going to set up a forum [ phpbb ] tonight to compliment the mailing list.
> Is there a particular catagory that people would like added? ie General
> Discussion or Tech Tips or For Sale?  Should I setup one for the main distros?
>
> Thoughts welcome

First thought is that of fragmenting the group into those that favour a
BB vs those that favour a maillist.

I'm on maillists and just two BBs and I find the maillists much faster
and less intrusive (better). You can also use "killthread" on occasion (
;-) ). The BBs do offer a little more "eyecandy" with avatars,
formatting  and other glitz. Works well if the host server is fast and
responsive.

Include a BB digest?

For once, for this one I'll stay neutral. Choice is good.

Regards,

martin at ml1.co.uk