[Nottingham] Connect 3D Radeon 7000 AGP and Five Button Mouse info

Michael Quaintance penfoldq at penfoldq.co.uk
Sun Oct 30 20:01:02 GMT 2005

Michael Simms wrote:

>>I would add though, that although there is clear disagreement on this
>>driver issue among various LUG members, I do find it mostly okay that
>>games themselves are not open source and I appreciate and admire the
>>work that Michael does for bringing more games to linux.
>>

>Well, thanks {:-) And yeah, just cos there is a bit of disagreement,
>well, thats life, we're all friends and I'll happily buy a pint for
>each of the people that have helped make it a quite lively and
>interesting discussion {:-)

Amen to that, brother! </american preacher mode>

To paraphrase somebody whose name I cannot remember: I may not agree
with what [he/she/it] says but I'll defend to the death their right to
say it.

As always, there are many opinions and there is no such thing as the
*One True Answer*. I heartily appreciate the alternative ways of looking
at issues like this. It helps me to question my own beliefs and
specifically the reasons why I think what I do. Often I decide I am
still right, sometimes I am right but my reasons change and occasionally
I decide I am wrong.

In my opinion, everyone has, in addition to many others, two inalienable
rights:
1) The right to hold and voice an opinion on any subject.
2) The right to be wrong about that opinion.

And that applies to me as much as anyone else.

Again thankyou to all concerned for making this a 'lively and
interesting discussion'.

-Penfold