[Nottingham] Beers in Beeston: ASAP?

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Fri Sep 2 18:30:57 BST 2005

Michael wrote:
> Martin wrote:
>
>> Anyone online for some beers in Beeston later this evening?
>> Last Post @ 9:30pm?
>

> Did this happen?

Yes it most certainly did!

Four beardies, one with a penguin strategically placed for maximum
advertisement effect, didst discuss much of the universe and linux.

In some random order, the bits I can still remember include:
Blogs, websites - wiki - cms - html, shavers and flat batteries, laptop
battery packs, D cells, soldering and explosions, suicide bombers,
explosives, fuel air cells, reenacting 1945 in the Utah desert but
without the shockwave for the sake of art and Good Fun, Einstein and
relativity, various other stuff, I must have mentioned damned BT
telephone poles and where they are not wanted, mobiles, DECT, wifi, £22
Billion or was it £25 Billion(?), awareness days, advertising, and
ultimately we descended into discussing RTP and router timeouts. By this
time we had been pushed outside the pub for loitering in
incomprehensible non-drunken jargon for way too long...

All good fun,

martin at ml1.co.uk