[Nottingham] NTL cable modem (was: SiS 6326 AGP ...)

Paul Sladen notlug at paul.sladen.org
Mon Sep 5 07:11:38 BST 2005

On Mon, 5 Sep 2005, Tony Shaw wrote:
> I happen to be still using MDK9.2 due to the fact that all the latest
> versions don't like my NTL Broadband Ethernet connection.

Could you describe /how/ they don't like your NTL connection?  Does this
mean you're having trouble downloading the .iso install CD images over the
web;  or that the installed versions are failing to DHCP properly?

The NTL connections are wonderful, in that they are plain Ethernet
presentation without PPPo* and DHCP (automatically provide an IP address)
in the standard way.

The connection /should/ be easier than a modem to get working.

If you're swapping between which computer is connected to the cable-modem,
remember to power-cycle the cable-modem *each time* as it filters traffic to
the first MAC address (computer identity) seen after boot-up.

Hopefully that's useful,

	-Paul
--
The summer is familiar here.  Nottingham, GB