[Nottingham] Re: NTL cable modem (was: SiS 6326 AGP ...)

James Gibbon jg at jamesgibbon.com
Mon Sep 5 16:53:01 BST 2005

On Mon, 5 Sep 2005 11:06:31 +0100
Michael Leuty <gmleuty at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 05/09/05, Michael Erskine <msemtd at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> > Or sit behind a router; my last NTL downtime was a power cycle at Xmas!
>
> Hmm. Recently there have been several occasions on which my NTL
> connection has been lost, fixed by rebooting the modem. Is this a
> common occurrence or should I speak to support? <Awaits hoots of
> raucous laughter.

Yes, I've done that as well; it's been an effective fix on several
occasions. However I haven't had to do that for months now, so I
suspect that my problem was not actually the modem's fault, even if
power-cycling it refreshed my connection somehow.

James

--
Dig It : a forum for Euro Beatles fans - http://beatles.dyndns.org/