[Nottingham] Hi All

Michael Erskine msemtd at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Sep 6 15:38:49 BST 2005

On Tuesday 06 September 2005 14:19, Graham Greenwood wrote:
> Hello everyone my name is Graham Greenwood and I am fairly new to the list
> and mailing lists in general so I am sorry if this message is inapropriate.

Hi Graham,

> I converted from MS Windows about 6 months ago after many months
> contenplating the switch.  I started out using KDE Distro called Yoper but
> found it a little broken for a noobie like me.  I then heard about Ubuntu
> and immediatly downloaded Worty (Ubuntu 4.10) and replaced Yoper with it
> and fell it love and so far have lived happily ever after.

This is a common experience: new-user meets distro, distro chokes on own
vomit, new-user seeks new-distro, new-user discovers ubuntu, old-distro is
laid to rest put to sleep forevermore. We have our fair share of Ubuntu users
so you're never far from help.

> I have also been considering comming to a LUG meet but  I am a little
> nervous about doing so because I am a mute and a little over selfconcious
> about it.

Dude, just come along -- next meet is tomorrow night.

Regards,
Michael Erskine

--
heavy, adj.:
 Seduced by the chocolate side of the force.