[Nottingham] Website Revamp - Ideas and first attempt

Michael Erskine msemtd at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Sep 12 09:26:03 BST 2005

On Sunday 11 September 2005 14:21, Roger Light wrote:
> I don't like fixed size web pages, so I've done a layout that gets rid
> of some of them.
> I've added it as an alternate stylesheet to the main page so try going
> to the page and then View->Use Style->Roger to switch.
>
> http://nottingham.lug.org.uk/revamp/

Variable width page is (was) on the todo list! That's some good work you've
put in there. The graphic header image may need to go unless it can be
blended in nicely - I can work on an image that is more "open-ended".

I'd vote for the fixed width right-hand navigation column and remainder to
resize. A fixed-width layout with CSS is only one step away from tables for
layout! As it turns out, when I was browsing oswd.org for good designs, I
didn't test this one for resizeability.

Regards,
Michael Erskine.

--
"The Avis WIZARD decides if you get to drive a car. Your head won't touch the
pillow of a Sheraton unless their computer says it's okay."