[Nottingham] Website Revamp - Ideas and first attempt

Michael Erskine msemtd at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Sep 12 16:14:22 BST 2005

On Monday 12 September 2005 09:25, Michael Erskine wrote:
> Variable width page is (was) on the todo list! That's some good work you've
> put in there. The graphic header image may need to go unless it can be
> blended in nicely - I can work on an image that is more "open-ended".

WRT a graphic header backdrop: I found this example whilst browsing for a nice
resizeable page with a header image that remains interesting for the extent
of its width. I'm not suggesting we use this image BTW :) , just the idea...

http://www.oswd.org/design/2175/Relic/

...the current "blurred grass" image uses shading on its extremities and
roundedness. We can fudge the roundedness and shading with additional divs on
the left and right. I will work on it later at home but the "weight" of the
page will increase accordingly.

Zed: bring out the Gimp
Maynard: the Gimp's asleep
Zed: well, I guess you better go and wake him up then

Regards,
Michael Erskine.

--
Today is the first day of the rest of your lossage.