[Nottingham] Broadband...

Andy Davidson andy at nosignal.org
Tue Sep 13 15:04:39 BST 2005

Michael Leuty wrote:
> Linksys kit is good

It's terrible.  I got my mum a WAG54G-UK, which appeared to suffer from
a terrible design fault - every few hours the wireless would cut out for
half an hour or so (ESSID stopped being advertised and no way to connect
to the network through the AP).

After a week the entire unit packed in.  Googling around the subject
indicated that this wasn't a unique issue, it appeared to be related to
a heat problem on the unit.

Linksys switches are also poor, you can spend only a little more and get
a lot more performance.

> (made by Cisco).

Linksys bought Cisco in 2003 to sell to the domestic, tiny-business
marketplace.  There's nothing in common between the green-box expensive
stuff and Linksys stuff.

-a