[Nottingham] Re: Nottingham Digest, Vol 104, Issue 3

Simon Amor simon at leaky.org
Wed Sep 14 14:42:47 BST 2005

On 14 Sep 2005, at 11:54, Martin Garton wrote:

> On Wed, 2005-09-14 at 11:39 +0100, Simon Amor wrote:
>
>> I'd go back to mutt in an ssh window, but I like some of the
>> features in Apple Mail.
>>

> Slight change of topic, but when using mutt, what did you use for an
> address book?

Slight change to something more on-topic for the list than Apple Mail ;)

I have an aliases file in ~/.mutt/aliases and then in my .muttrc I
have the following:

# Get aliases
source $HOME/.mutt/aliases
set alias_file = $HOME/.mutt/aliases

In the aliases file is

alias somename Real Name <email at address>

I then just mail 'somename' and it expands it.. I didn't really use
it all that much though because I only have 2 addresses in there.
Mostly I just remember people's email addresses or grep my mailbox.

   Simon
--
Simon Amor
simon at leaky.org