WiFi 'Routers' (Was: [Nottingham] Broadband...)

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Wed Sep 14 16:03:29 BST 2005

>>> It's terrible.
>
> Seems everyone's milage varies!
>
> At my work place (a business centre) the standard kit we give each of
> our tenants are the LinkSys BEFSRxx routers. We have something like 20
> of them (various models) across our 3 sites and haven't had a single
> problem with them in nearly 3 years. We've also got people using LinkSys
> WAPs with no problems and mine at home's been faultless :)
>
> Something in the water? ;)

Who knows, or it may just be down to which production run and which
design team.

My experiences have been:

Trust 802.11g/Super g 108Mbps WiFi AP/Router and it worked fine for a
year until the PSU died.

Inexq WiFi 802.11g AP/Router and it worked but the signal was abysmal.
Now returned and I never did get any feedback as to whether it was
actually a fault.

I'm trying a D-Link DWL-2000AP+ next. Here's hoping!

martin at ml1.co.uk