[Nottingham] Geekiness (Was: Nottingham Digest...)

Michael Erskine msemtd at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Sep 15 09:02:57 BST 2005

On Thursday 15 September 2005 00:01, Roger Light wrote:
> I only (?) got 77, but I feel it should probably have been higher.
> Have I programmed a C64? No, but I have done a little programming on a
> ZX Spectrum. Likewise for using one.

Well that's because the C64 is for real hackers and the ZX Rectum is for
wannabes :)

> Likewise, I'd be interested to know the scoring for the "CD" question.
> I said Compact Disc, although I suspect change directory is taken as
> "geekier". I didn't say change directory because that would be cd, not
> CD. Am I geekier or not?

The geekier one is "Carrier Detect" IMO

> As for the ROT13 and ASCII questions, think outside the box! :) I did
> pattern matching rather than actually trying to figure out what
> individual characters stood for.

Same here - only one could match - although I do know ROT13 for 'A' and that
helped too.

Regards,
Michael Erskine.

--
Sometimes love ain't nothing but a misunderstanding between two fools.