[Nottingham] Geekiness (Was: Nottingham Digest...)

Colin Saxton colin.saxton at ntlworld.com
Fri Sep 16 16:29:52 BST 2005

Did the geek challenge...got 94...but thought it was all BS anyways! I
was surprised about the baud questions...How many of us can remember
using a vt100 or wise terminal that we had ripped off some junk yard and
connected some crummy 300 baud modem to the back?

After which we would look for the bulletin boards and wait for hours on
end for one of the lines to come free and dial in!?!?...the other thing
that a few of us tried was connecting the acoustic coupler(going back a
bit now!) to a CB until we got roasted by some poor hammers who were
getting stressed at the high pitched screech!