[Nottingham] Linux -> Mobile Phone or SIM card

Teh Gooroo tehgooroo at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 21:08:13 BST 2005

On 9/22/05, Robert Hart <enxrah at nottingham.ac.uk> wrote:

> On Thu, 2005-09-22 at 16:39 +0100, Martin wrote:
> > Folks,
> >
> > Anyone had any success talking to their mobile phone via Bluetooth?
> >
> > Is there an easy way to enter phonebook details onto the phone or
> > directly onto the SIM card?
>
> Have you tried gammu? I've only used it with an Infra-red connection to
> nokia phones, but it allows me to backup and restore my text messages
> and phone addressbook (as well as other settings).
>
> I believe it does work with bluetooth, but support varies quite
> considerably depending on the make and model of phone.

I've been playing with this recently. Acquired a Class2 bluetooth
dongle from ebay for 7p, plugged it into gentoo laptop, installed
coldplug, bluez-utils + kernel modules, started /etc/init.d/bluetooth
and it worked.
easy as that :-)

kmobiletools works well with my phone (sony ericsson t610) where
wammu/gammu dont hold up so well.

Hope this helps.

Brain(s): 0.0% user, 1.3% system, 0.1% nice, 98.6% idle