[Nottingham] USB - Playstation controller

Michael perl at tecspy.com
Sun Sep 25 19:33:57 BST 2005

Today I went down Maplin and picked up a USB to Playstation controller
adapter so that I could use my PSX2 joypads and dancemat on my PC. The
Maplin website claimed that there was no Linux support but I bought one
anyway and when I plugged it in BINGO: -

usb 3-1: new low speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 9
usbcore: registered new driver hiddev
input: USB HID v1.10 Joystick [Padix Co. Ltd. Rockfire PSX/USB Bridge ]
on usb-0000:00:10.2-1
usbcore: registered new driver usbhid
drivers/usb/input/hid-core.c: v2.0:USB HID core driver

Immediately I played Gradius on XMAME - no configuration necessary -
fantastic!

I just checked under KDE's Joystick Control Center page and it shows up
as "Padix Co. Ltd. Rockfire PSX/USB Bridge  (/dev/input/js0)" and
correctly showed the button presses, joystick movements, etc.

A tenner well spent! I'm gonna get a few more so the whole family can
play 4-player Gauntlet - but, upon trying it I find my old Gauntlet rom
from back in the day no longer works with the MAME engine :( .

Regards,
Michael Erskine