[Nottingham] LAN party thoughts

Joshua Lock joshua.lock at incandescant.net
Tue Sep 27 12:28:35 BST 2005

On Tuesday 27 September 2005 11:42, Michael Erskine wrote:
> LAN party thoughts

> Bring: -
> * machines
I am bringing my laptop but I also have an UltraSparc (+ 20" monitor) looking
for a new home, email off list for more details if your interested.
> * public keys

Anyone want to point me towards a tutorial about keys? (KDE?)

I'm currently running Kubuntu on my laptop and finding it quite a joy, the
integration of KDE is amazing (case in point Kontact, which just seems to act
as a shell for all of the KDE PIM app's. Beautiful!)!
Although Gnome/Gtk+ app's look horrible! :(

Unfortunately I am having a few problems with it, mainly finding my way around
compared to Gnome.

I'm hoping someone will lend a hand at the LAN party? ;)

FYI my major gripes are:
* m4p's don't show up in my Amarok collection.
* My network interface doesn't come up on boot, I have to sudo ifup eth0
* I can't seem to get the Administrator Mode buttons to work to use the GUI's
to tweak network settings :s

Probably easy enough for an experienced KDE/Kubuntu user?
I think the first point is a limitation of KDE's libtag...

Sorry (again) for posting a huge email.

Josh