[Nottingham] Web application development frameworks; Rails vs. Django vs ???

Joshua Lock incandescant at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 17:21:08 BST 2006

Afternoon gang,

I'm looking to develop a web application. This application will be
quite complex so I'm looking to use one of the trendy web application
development frameworks to ease the pain (and add to my skill set).

I'm writing to the list to ask advice, and seek recommendations on
which framework to use.
I've heard of Rails[1] and Django[2] which I am led to believe are
quite similar. However I have no preference over these as I have not
used Ruby or Python before.
Also I'm not sure what else is out there; there must be similar
efforts for PHP, Perl, etc?

Flame away guys! :)

Best,

Josh