[Nottingham] Unkillable process?

Johannes Kling jok at printk.net
Fri Apr 28 11:07:27 BST 2006

Hello,

  Just to finsh off the tale:

Sending signals to the process while strace-ing still produced
nothing, and eventually I just gave up and put it down to "one of
those things". The server was rebooted and all is well again (for now
at least).

As mentioned, the exact job has been running fine since so I don't
have much hope of tracking down what went on. The current plan is to
upgrade to the latest kernel (a bit of a pain on the machine for
various reasons) in the near future and hope for the best.

Regards,
  Jo

--
"I shall press on valiantly in the face of apathy!" -- cmg