[Nottingham] CGI Scripts on Server

Johan Boshoff jboshoff at rpc.co.za
Wed Aug 2 19:07:28 BST 2006

Hi all,

How do I enable cgi scripts on fedora4?  Basically my httpd.conf file points
to a location /webserver/cgi-bin, but my websites are stored in
/webserver/htdocs/.....  How do I link to that cgi-bin folder when I want to
run a script like formmail.pl on a website that generates a form.  I tried
pointing the cgi-bin folder to the main domain so that I can try to link to
example www.test.com/cgi-bin/formmail.pl, but it does not work.

I want to have a cgi-bin directory for each domain on my server so that
users can upload and link to their own scripts.

Please assist...

Thanks!
Johan