[Nottingham] LUG meeting

Michael Leuty mike at leuty.net
Wed Aug 16 18:40:07 BST 2006

On 16/08/06, Hazel Windle <hazel at hazeldle.wanadoo.co.uk> wrote:
> I'm afraid I won't be able to go to this meeting as I'm busy writing my
> symphony among other things.

Tell us more.  :-)

> I also have
> a Belkin USB wireless adapter that I'm trying to get working in Suse Linux
> 10.1. Any ideas on setting those up?

I've heard that Belkin adapters often work OK with Linux.

There is a particular trick with using wireless networking under SUSE,
which involves using YAST to set both network connections (wireless
and wired) to start "on connection" rather than "at boot". I don't
know why this is necessary, but can confirm from experience that it
is.

--
Michael Leuty
Nottingham, UK