[Nottingham] [Social] Weds *TODAY!* 16th Aug - Michael Erskine's house

Martin Garton martin at stupids.org
Fri Aug 18 12:45:14 BST 2006

On Fri, 2006-08-18 at 12:30 +0100, Martin wrote:

> And a good bash it was too.

Indeed.

> There were some good discussions and a very interesting demo of a large
> multi-server virtual world. Might that person volunteer for a talk
> 30/08/2006 or 06/09/2006 please?!... ;-)

The world was Second Life, and the person is Jim Purbrick.

I found what Jim had to say the other night quite interesting.  I had no
idea that second life ran on Debian machines.  I have also since
discovered that mono is being used as the scripting engine in SL (or
it's being experimented with at least) which is nice.

--
Martin.