[Nottingham] Ubuntu with each of kde gnome and xfce desktops

Michael Erskine msemtd at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Aug 25 09:54:12 BST 2006

On Thursday 24 August 2006 23:08, David Deans wrote:

> ooh, the xubuntu desktop is quite sweet. its very nice how they've
> integrated all the ubuntu standard stuff into xfce, tho the toolbars
> could use being a bit thinner...

Xubuntu can be easily thinned down by deselecting the xubuntu-desktop package,
selecting some of the more important dependencies, leaving out those you
don't want. This is the approach I took for the arcade machine BTW.

Regards,
Michael Erskine.

--
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
		-- Martin Luther King, Jr.