[Nottingham] Image list

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Fri Dec 1 13:09:47 GMT 2006

Robert Ross wrote:
[---]
>> Just use the "info view" on Konqueror. (View -> View mode ->
>> Info List View)
>> Or indeed you can tweak your own custom view format.
>
> Nice try, but it still won't show the dimensions, only the file size,
> and doesn't seem to have an option to enable this to happen.

I'm using KDE 3.4.2 and the info view list shows:
file name, user comment, creation date/time, dimensions, exposure time,
jpeg quality, comment

(Scroll to the left to see the extra columns?)

[---]
> from M$, and was suprised when I couldn't find one.  Still can't at a
> basic file manager level that can be saved to file for import to a
> database.

Easiest is to load up a few kBytes of software that will do that for
you. When not being used, the HDD footprint is negligible and the system
impact is near zero. Yet it is there when needed.

Note that the info you are wanting is detail that is stored within the
file as part of that file format. You must use some sort of utility to
read the file to then extract/generate the information.

But there's many ways to do this :-)

(Imagemagick is nice in that it is command-line only. No GUI bloat to
bog your system down with.)

martin at ml1.co.uk