[Nottingham] [NLUG] Last nights talk

Michael Erskine msemtd at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Dec 8 14:02:16 GMT 2006

On Friday 08 December 2006 13:27, Joshua Lock wrote:

> We also had a bit of KDE vs GNOME rivalry. It appeared that there was
> about a 50:50 split of Gnome:KDE users when we did a very technical
> show of hands poll.
> Further discussion revealed that the two KDE users I spoke to about it
> (Roger and Martin L) seem to use KDE as a window manager rather than a
> full desktop suite. In Rogers case using on KDE's advanced
> configurability for window placement and in Martin's case running
> Firefox and Thunderbird on the KDE desktop.

I would've liked to have got involved with that one: I use KDE extensively on
my main machines but still use Gnome, XFCE, and BlackBox on some others so
I'm full of opinions! I find Firefox rather clunky after using Konqueror and
dislike having to launch other applications to browse smb shares, local
filesystems, ssh to other machines, etc.

Regards,
Michael Erskine.

--
'Tis more blessed to give than receive; for example, wedding presents.
		-- H. L. Mencken