[Nottingham] JDBC & CLASSPATH

Martin Garton martin at stupids.org
Mon Dec 11 17:29:56 GMT 2006

On Mon, 2006-12-11 at 17:23 +0000, Peter Chang wrote:
> Martin K,
>
> > If I go to a shell and type 'telnet 127.0.0.1 3306' I also get 'Connection
> > Refused' - does this suggest that OS level security is preventing JDBC from
> > making a socket connection ?  if so, how do i open it up ?
>
> It's probably your firewall. Use whatever firewall configuration tool on
> your OS to allow traffic through on that port.

It could be, but seems strange that ports are blocked on lo.

Martin K, can you send the output of "iptables -L" please?

Another possibility is that mysql is configured not to allow tcp
connections and only local socket connections.  I can't remember how
that is set, but its probably something in $(locate my.cnf)

--
Martin.