[Nottingham] Apache / mod_rewrite / php and environment variables

David Aldred david at familyaldred.org.uk
Sun Dec 17 17:59:53 GMT 2006

On Sunday 17 December 2006 17:41, Andy Davidson wrote:

> The rewrite rule makes it look like the url should be http://
> aldred.org/w/.... - the ^ here means "immediately at the start", so
> the url with 'test' in it would be enough to prevent the rewrite rule
> matching.

But the rewrite is at least partially working - the file serving the request
is at aldred.org/test/w/index.php - so the match does seem to be being made.
You can see this from the output - SCRIPT_FILENAME is set to this file.

The .htaccess is in the directory 'test' - as I understand it, the ^ in this
case would mean 'starting from where it hits this directory'.

I've just tried taking it (the '^') out, and it seems to make no difference to
the result (certainly still no 'STATUS' variable in the php output).

--
David Aldred