[Nottingham] Linux jobs

Pete Goodall pete at yellowhouse.org
Tue Dec 19 21:42:12 GMT 2006

Hi all,

I'm planning a move to England next year, and one of the potential
places we may live is Nottingham.  Where we live depends on where my
wife finds a job (currently looking at the University of Nottingham),
but it would be good to know if I have any chance of being employed.

I'm currently a product manager for a Linux distribution in the US,
and I would very much like to stay in Linux software.  Specifically I
have been working in the Linux desktop space, so another idea I have
is helping out local municipalities (read: local government) that may
be considering or in the middle of a Linux rollout.  I would also like
to know if there are any software companies in or around Nottingham.
Though I would prefer to work for a Linux software company those are
generally hard to come by, so I would consider other types of software
companies.

I know the local LUG is not a recruiting agency, but I was hoping I
might at least get some advice on the local job market.  I hope you
all have a very merry Christmas and a happy New Year!

Regards,
Pete

--
Pete Goodall <pete at yellowhouse.org>