[Nottingham] Re: wireless card which works with linux?

Martin Garton martin at stupids.org
Mon Feb 20 22:19:16 GMT 2006

On Mon, 2006-02-20 at 20:31 +0000, James Gibbon wrote:

> My Belkin F5D7010 cardbus card has worked like a champ with three
> different flavours of Linux in conjunction with ndiswrapper for
> a couple of years now. Rock solid.

Although many folks report successes with ndiswrapper, remember that it
may not work in future because of assumptions it (and windows drivers)
make.  In particular, I believe the recent change to only use 4k stacks
in linux creates fairly major problems for  ndiswrapper. See
http://lxer.com/module/forums/t/20416/

As a result, I would recommend looking for a card that works without
relying on windows drivers.

--
Martin.