[Nottingham] Re: wireless card which works with linux?

James Gibbon jg at jamesgibbon.com
Tue Feb 21 15:20:00 GMT 2006

On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 09:02:03 +0000
Andy <andy at forlinux.co.uk> wrote:

> On Mon, 2006-02-20 at 20:31 +0000, James Gibbon wrote:
> > My Belkin F5D7010 cardbus card has worked like a champ with three
> > different flavours of Linux in conjunction with ndiswrapper for
> > a couple of years now. Rock solid.
>
> Hi James
>
> How did you get your belkin to work ? I have a similar one but cant
> even get mine to power on in linux, works 100% in Windoze.

Hmm - sorry to hear that. To be honest, it's fairly straightforward -
compile and install ndiswrapper, load the Windows driver, modprobe
ndiswrapper. At that point, the light should come on on the card.
After that, use iwconfig to make sure it's working, then tinker with
ifconfig and/or the bootup scripts as necessary.

James