[Nottingham] Maildir on a different partition

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Fri Jan 13 02:29:59 GMT 2006

Peter Siepmann wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Just installed postfix/dovecot on my Fedora machine.  If, through a mail
[---]
> My Maildir sits on a vfat partition (/dev/hda1) which is mounted as my
[---]
> The line in /etc/fstab is:
> /dev/hda1    /home/siepmann    vfat    defaults,uid=500,gid=500
>
> Any ideas?

First glib guess is that Postfix is very unhappy about what ownerships
and permissions vfat will conjure up instead of those for a *nix filesystem.

Second glib comment is whether you've specified for the Maildir
correctly and whether you have the required Maildir dir structure in
place (see: man maildirmake++).

Let us know what you find.

Good luck,
Martin

(ps: Sorry about the "glib" glib pun :-O )

martin at ml1.co.uk