[Nottingham] Colo / dedicated or virtual servers

Richard Hayes ricky at domainarena.net
Fri Jun 9 12:09:44 BST 2006

<rant>

Ah yes. I remember such times so well.

Waiting for the phones to ring at night after unplugging a bunch of servers

"Where's my website?!"
"It's in a van, sir"
"Why?!"
"It's being relocated to Leeds"
"Why didn't you inform me?!"
"We did, sir..."

(repeat x 1000)

I don't want (too much) to join in the anti-HE/Pipex campaign, but boy
it was tough there! Very tough! I think everyone involved during the whole
setup of Wish, the moving of the Datacentre*s*, the collapsing of MSW,
all the power problems, .... all did remakably well!

I'm sorry if I ever was rude to you, John (but I always liked to think
I was one of the helpful, polite ones).

</rant>

Ricky.