[Nottingham] ***TODAY*** Weds 21st June - meeting

Michael Erskine msemtd at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jun 22 12:48:57 BST 2006

On Thursday 22 June 2006 12:07, Michael Simms wrote:
> Jumping on a new member for something like that makes us look like a
> group of completely anal anoraks, which probably doesn't do our image
> much of a favour.

errrr... I'm assuming that an anal anorak is some sort of hi-tech nappy of the
furure :)

Actually, I don't give a damn about top-posting as long as the message is
suitably edited or trimmed. This was the second in the same thread -- I like
to use "three and you're out" but I'm tired today!

I apologise to Raphael Gangneux for "jumping on him", and to you Michael (for
making you think of the term "anal anorak" :) )not knowing that "nlug" was a
new user (well, who would?), but I'm more interested to know what Raphael
thinks...

So Raphael, did you think less of us because one of our number (me) pointed
out (in a side-note) that you seemed to be (consistently) top-posting?

> Let's put it another way instead... look at the signal/noise ratio.

I was being (or at least trying to be) ironic by top-posting a huge unedited
quote.

For anybody who wasn't at the meeting last night (i.e. almost everyone), we
were musing about new ways of sparking off flamefests. It proves to be
soooooo easy (and occasionally fun)!

Regards,
Michael Erskine.

--
Men who cherish for women the highest respect are seldom popular with them.
		-- Joseph Addison