[Nottingham] ***TODAY*** Weds 21st June - meeting

nlug nlug at domainarena.net
Thu Jun 22 14:05:12 BST 2006

>I apologise to Raphael Gangneux for "jumping on him", and to you Michael
>(for
>making you think of the term "anal anorak" :) )not knowing that "nlug" was
>new user (well, who would?), but I'm more interested to know what Raphael
>thinks...
>
>So Raphael, did you think less of us because one of our number (me) pointed

>out (in a side-note) that you seemed to be (consistently) top-posting?
>
>Regards,
>Michael Erskine.

Raphael Gangneux (AKA me!) actually finds this thread fairly funny! I
obviously didn't feel very creative the day I setup my nlug mail
account...but yeah, I'm new ;-)

Thanks to you I have now learnt there actually is a g33k term for 'posting
at the top of previous messages in emails'...wow!
I had never even thought this could bother anyone. I personally hate
scrolling down to the bottom of a mail to find the reply, but never mind :-)

I have to switch between mail clients as I work in a few different places
every week, and unfortunately, due to some silly policies, I have to keep M$
Windows and Outlook (eeek!!!) on my laptop...so I apologize in advance if by
mistake I reply to one of you and forget to edit the previous correspondence
... This shouldn't happen when I'm on the Imac! (thunderbird, yeee!!)

Also I may be French, but I have had time to learn the art or irony and
sarcasm during my stay in the UK...working for HostEurope/PIPEX with mainly
purely British lads was like a crash course!...in other words, no I didn't
feel like you jumped on me to tell me off ;-)

Raphael