[Nottingham] Help for a school

Rob Keeling rob at rjkeeling.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Jun 26 16:57:45 BST 2006

Michael Erskine wrote:
> On Saturday 24 June 2006 23:26, garry saddington wrote:
>> Is anyone up for a challenge?
>> We desperately need to get a programm working in our LTSP setup. We are
>> doing a new install for graphics and the only program they need is
>> behaving badly and I am a bit stuck.
>> The program is a 3D modeller called Pro/Desktop. It is badly programmed
>> even for a windows app. and moans about screen res., virtual memory and
>> then does not work properly even when it starts.
>> I need to get it working either in Wine or on a windows 2003 server via
>> Rdesktop.

Hmm, know pro/Desktop well! Hope you have version 8 sp2. It is known to
work under citrix, but not seen it under remote desktop.

Given the regularity of windows crashing I would guess wine may struggle.

They are not likely to change software, as Pro desktop is effectively
free to schools.

Rob Keeling