[Nottingham] Perl Job at Heart Internet in Nottingham

Postill Robert robertpostill at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jun 29 11:44:38 BST 2006

Paul Mellors wrote:

>Whats Perl? :)

Perl is a programming language, the acronym stands for Pretty Eclectic Rubbish Lister. I might suggest any candidate for this position checks out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obfuscated_Perl_contest and attempts not to replicate the evilness displayed there ;)

I prefer more er... mainstream programming languages like ALGOL (http://www.engin.umd.umich.edu/CIS/course.des/cis400/algol/algol.html) or perhaps BBC BASIC (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBC_BASIC) [goes misty-eyed and remembers when all this were fields - two digit date fields at that].  Except when someones paying of course :)

Robert.