[Nottingham] Getting Xgl to work

Hazel Windle hazel at hazeldle.wanadoo.co.uk
Thu Jun 29 19:35:17 BST 2006

Hello all,

I'm having a few problems getting Xgl working, I installed it fine (Xgl
and compiz) and I turned it on. It says my card isn't in the database.
I'm using Suse 10.1 with:

A 1.7 GHZ Intel celeron processor
512mb ram
Nvidia MX400 64mb graphics with 3d acceleration enabled.

I'm using the graphics driver from the Nvidia website that I installed
at the command prompt by switching runlevel and etc. For who ever asked
sound fonts are included with the sound card drivers and control what
the midi sounds are like. Some, like the ones that were already on Linux
were pretty bad but some sound like real instruments. Does anyone here
read Linux Format? I got it today and it was quite interesting.

Hazel