[Nottingham][Talk] *TODAY* Wed 15/03/2006 - Change of plan!

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Wed Mar 15 13:53:19 GMT 2006

Michael Erskine wrote:
> All,
>
> Unfortunately Joshua won't be able to give his MacOS-X talk tonight
> so no doubt there'll be a scramble to organise something to put in
> its place. We'll

Folks,

As detailed, very unfortunately the original talk is postponed. Sorry
for the change of plan.

Taking a wider and higher level view of what Josh was going to talk
about, we can have a discussion on what it /is/ that sways people to
prefer one OS over another and one desktop over another. What is it
about /your/ preferred OS and desktop that have you using that
particular system? Or indeed, what was it that drove you away from other
systems?

/How/ do we /use/ the things for what we do? Can it (IT!, ICT!!) all be
done better?

I've been giving some thought to the "Human-Computer" interface that I
can share. Others are welcome to add their ideas in this evening's
free-for-all 'talk' for how to do things better!

Humans and Computers and Linux and all other OSes!

*TODAY* Wed 15th March 2006

> The Star Inn, 22 Middle Street, Beeston, Nottingham, NG9 1FX Tel:
> 0115 9222234
>
> Enter through the large archway into the car park, and up the outside
>  stone stairs on the right directly into the room that is across the
>  arch you've just gone under. You can also enter through the pub
> itself and turn left up the stairs inside. Car parking available. Bus
>  and train stations nearby.
>
> (Voluntary contributions welcomed towards the room please ;) )
>
> Doors open 19:30 for 20:00 start. Post-talk beers there: 21:00-ish.
>

> Update your web caches for the maps!
> http://www.nottingham.lug.org.uk/
>
> (Thanks to our web-team for the page revamp :-) )

All are welcome.

Cheers all,

martin at ml1.co.uk