[Nottingham] 1GB of \0 (aka null)

Michael Erskine perl at tecspy.com
Mon Mar 27 09:41:38 BST 2006

Richard Hayes wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> This is my first post. Hello everyone.

Hi Richard,

> Does anyone know where I can get 1GB (or any amount for that matter) of
> \0 (null) characters?

I have loads out back - where do you want it? :)
Seriously though, what's the requirement here? There's plenty of ways of
generating streams of characters. The choice will depend largely on how
you want to use it.

> The catch is, I can't write a Perl one-liner to generate it for me.

Perhaps a Perl one-liner isn't the right solution. Let us know more
about the problem and we'll help out how we can.

Regards,
Michael Erskine.