[Nottingham] [Talk] Talk/Hands-on This *THURS* 04/05/06

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Tue May 2 18:33:02 BST 2006

Folks,

All change and all for noobies! (Or, for anyone wanting to start or to
fix anything Linux. Bring yourselves and whatever hardware bits - this
is all practical!)

Thurs 4th May 2006

Desktop Fix-It Night at The Navigation
======================================

Note the the change of venue and date!!!!!

Trouble with your desktop? KDE Krumbling? Gnome Gnackered? Linux
beginners: bring your problem machine and we'll endeavour to give you
the leg-up you need to get a fully-functional Linux desktop. This is all
completely free of course! We'll be discussing the many options
available for a Linux desktop, OpenOffice, multimedia, etc. What is
keeping you tied to that "other" OS?

The Navigation Inn, 6 Wilford Street, Nottingham, NG2 1AA.
Tel: 0115 9417139

See: http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?pc=NG21AA
About 2 mins walk from The Trip to Jerusalem just the other side of
Castle Boulevard right near The Irish. Right on top of the canal lock.

Those bringing kit can park briefly outside to unload and then park
nearby on Castle Boulevard or over at the Broadmarsh Centre or wherever.
Everyone can help to carry kit up to the upstairs room.

Those arriving by canal barge again can park on the canal again! ;-)

Doors open 19:30 for 20:00 start

All are welcome.

http://www.nottingham.lug.org.uk/

martin at ml1.co.uk