[Nottingham] What distro?

Jim JimTheBad at ntlworld.com
Tue May 23 22:04:46 BST 2006

On Tuesday 23 May 2006 20:44, Paul Mellors wrote:
> Quite correct, it doesn't but how hard is it to type
>
> sudo apt-get install gstreamer0.8-mad [i think there the correct plugins]

If you're a Linux newbie... very hard indeed!

That's pretty much what I was getting at: it's easy for one of us to sort
something like this out, but for a Linux newbie, he's going to get very cross
trying to work it out and will inevitably go back to Windows.

So it really needs to be either a distro with mp3 support out-of-the-box or
one where mp3 support can be added in a newbie-friendly way.

Jim