[Nottingham] What distro?

Michael Erskine msemtd at yahoo.co.uk
Thu May 25 08:42:45 BST 2006

On Wednesday 24 May 2006 18:09, Dean Sas wrote:

> Java is in both Ubuntu (6.06s Multiverse) and Debian (non-free). MP3
> support is also in Ubuntus Universe. Only wmv, quicktime and realplayer
> aren't in the repos as far as I know.

Dean, I think you're missing the point I was labouring: this target user
apparently wants it all installed from the outset without having to resort to
any form of package management - least of all changing package sources. And
the Java you refer to is gcj - have you tried running Netbeans or Eclipse
under gcj? All credit to the developers but it is still unusable IMHO.

Regards,
Michael Erskine

--
People are like onions -- you cut them up, and they make you cry.