[Nottingham] re: LAN Party, Install-fest, Linux fun: Sun 12/11/06 (Martin)

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Wed Nov 1 16:11:18 GMT 2006

Jim Moore wrote:
> How many ports are we likely to need? I can supply a 24-port 100MBit switch or
> two and a wireless router if necessary, and cables? I'm thinking some 5m
> ones...

Thanks, that sounds ideal. Long cables definitely needed!

>From last time, we were ok with a 24-port and an 8-port for the LANs.

I'm taking the internet hook-up, 8-port, and a server for DHCP,
firewalling and various. Also some extension leads/adaptors.

I hope Ersk is available with his array of goodies again also!

Shame DJF is elsewhere: He his still due a rematch for his sniper
tactics from a LAN-fest or two ago...

Should be good,

martin at ml1.co.uk