[Nottingham] MySQL backed nameserver

NLUG nlug at domainarena.net
Thu Nov 2 00:05:10 GMT 2006

Hi,

Me and my friend are working on a project that will involve updating DNS
records via a web interface. We are thinking of having Bind to work
directly with MySQL so that any zone updates would take effect immediately.
Has anyone done this before? Does it require a lot of effort to get it
to work?

Any good tutorials/links we can have a look at would be much appreciated!

Graeme F.: maybe you could point us in the right direction...we're after
the same kind of system you worked on at HE ;-)

Our server: Debian Sarge (stable) amd64 - Bind9 - MySQL 3.0.24

Thanks a lot,

Raphael Gangneux