[Nottingham] MySQL backed nameserver

James Dobson dob_3001 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Nov 2 10:31:02 GMT 2006

Hi,

You may want to consider...

http://www.howtoforge.com/mydns_name_server

Obviously you may need to tweak it if you get into
large volumes (10,000+)..

Another method is to use the DB to track the settings
and if it changes to recreate the BIND file, then all
you need is the server to 'reboot' every hour...
.

If you are still sold on a DB I suggest using mysql
cluster as it holds the DB in memory which is
obviously *MUCH* quicker than a harddisk.

Cheers,

James D